Kahlil Gibran - Be the Chooser

Be the Chooser

"We settle our joys and sorrows long before we experience them." -- Khalil Gibran

Our life works and can be fleshy of joy when we do effective choices. Our life can be fleshy of sorrow if we develop ineffective choices. Chooser vs. Victim

As a child, choices were made for me and I had miniature power over what happened to me. This is normal for children, but when we retract this attitude as adults I call it being a "victim."

The opposite of being a victim is to be "The Chooser."

The opinion of choice is much, and that we have choices I judge to be a fact. Though in my life, I've forgotten this fact many times when I was impulsive or reactive. I salvage it consuming to recall responsibility for my failures and hurt as being the result of my maintain choices. I want to blame my boss, my ex-wife, the other driver, my parents; and for awhile I did.

I've had many wake-up calls that acting out of ignorance or impulse doesn't absolve me of responsibility for making a poor choice.

When I was sixteen, a fresh driver, and got a effect for making a U-turn across a double-yellow line I told the cop honestly that I didn't know it was against the law, and felt it grossly unfair that he ticketed me anyway.

I fought the imprint in traffic court and lost. My only defense was "I didn't know! I didn't mean to atomize the law!" The think told me ignorance was not an excuse for breaking the law. That was one of my first wake-up calls that as an adult, I would be held accountable for my choices even if they were unconscious. Scary conception.

We live in a victim culture. It's usually the other guy's fault that we go to war, derive into a car accident, lose our money in stocks, rep a divorce. While victim-hood might effect us feel better and in the fair, it also makes us helpless and perpetuates our problems.

The Law of Attraction

What do you want? A fulfilling life and relationship? A loving family? Success in your work? Peace in the world? I've learned that to score what you want you must BE THE CHOOSER.

Being the chooser means taking the initiative to originate what you want, taking paunchy responsibility for your outcomes, and making your choices mindful of their long-term consequences.

There is a law of the universe as considerable as the law of gravity that helps choosers and brings suffering on victims. It's called the "Law of Attraction." fair like "what goes up must approach down;" "what is inside shows up on the outside," "energy follows attention," and "what you enjoy you can attain."

If you hold you don't have a choice, you won't.

If you shove responsibility for your choices and outcomes outside of yourself, the law of attraction will try to yell you to win responsibility by repeating the lesson over and over until you accept it.

This is the origin of crime, war, and most other sources of human suffering.

I want to be blissful and fulfilled. I want you to be satisfied and fulfilled. I've learned that happiness comes from within, by taking responsibility as an adult for my choices and outcomes. I've learned that I need to be "The Chooser" in my life and my heartfelt desire is that I can inspire you to be The Chooser as well.

Be The Chooser

We have the knowledge and technology to make a improbable life for ourselves and society for our children. Most of our social problems, such as crime, war, poverty, violence, disease, divorce, homelessness, and more, is the result of ineffective choices. Unfortunately, these social problems will continue as long as people beget they don't have a choice about them.

Choosers know what they want and how to score it. In charge of their lives, Choosers assume responsibility for what happens. Being a Chooser takes a clear amount of confidence and inconvenience, but anyone can be one! Being The Chooser means taking initiative for your outcomes: you are in charge of creating what you want in life. You do not restrict yourself to what or who chooses you.

Very often, we are not aware of the range of choices available to us. We are often unaware of our power to settle, and of the legal power of our choices. We might invent choices unconsciously, reactively or impulsively. We might be unaware of the long-term consequences of our choices.

A.I.M. To Be The Chooser

Step 1: Be AWARE that you have choices

You are never stuck! You always have choices, even if you don't know what your choices are. Don't allow impulse or lack of information to result in a dreadful choice.

Step 2: IDENTIFY your choices

Always catch there are more choices than you are aware of. spy to identify a variety of the choices available to you, mindful that "you don't know what you don't know." Identify productive choices and don't determine for unproductive choices.

Step 3: design productive choices

exercise all the information available to you to build the best choice possible to conclude the outcome you desire. Evaluate a choice based upon the likely long-term consequences of that choice.

If you want to be the Chooser, here are some things you have control over and can DO (remember- CRAPGAP) :

* BE CREATIVE: sight unique ideas and opportunities beyond the immediate past and present

* BE A RISK TAKER: salvage rejection and failure as fragment of life, and don't rob it personally

* BE ASSERTIVE: Ask for what you want, and say "no" to what you don't want

* BE PROACTIVE: Don't merely react to events, or habitually wait for things to happen

* BE GOAL-ORIENTED: Clearly clarify and vigorously pursue your goals

* rob ABUNDANCE: hold there will always be plenty of opportunities and resources

* BE POSITIVE: Always anticipate success

"Your life is the sum result of all the choices you beget, both consciously and unconsciously.

If you can control the process of choosing, you can rob control of all aspects of your life.

You can obtain the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself." -- Senator Robert F. Bennett (R-Utah)

Copyright 2006 David SteeleSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!

Post a Comment